Mental Health Counselor
(contracted work full- or part-time with flexible hours)
Hall & Associates is looking for autonomous and dedicated therapists to provide assessment and treatment services including the facilitation of individual, family, and group therapy. We offer competitive compensation and flexible scheduling.
Masters degree in applicable field (Social Work, Family Therapy, Counseling) from an accredited institution, License to practice in the state of Kansas (MSW, LMFT, LCMFT, LPC, LCPC, LCSW) with the BSRB Experience providing individual, family, and/or group therapeutic services and a clear ability to conceptualize theoretical frameworks and utilize them in session. Applicants must have a valid Drivers License and reliable vehicle.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the diagnosis for a variety of metal health concerns across an array of populations
- Considerable knowledge of the methods and modalities of mental health
- Ability to readily establish rapport with client populations
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skills to build positive professional rapport with colleagues and representatives of other agencies
- Collaborate and communicate directly and effectively in a cooperative manner
- Knowledge of basic ethical considerations in field
- Ability to work toward and be sensitive to cultural competent practices
- Ability to work primarily autonomously; however utilize consultation when necessary.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete a comprehensive intake assessment, diagnostic impression and treatment plan
- Provide necessary treatment to individuals, families, and groups
- Document all therapeutic service in EMR
- Provide monthly reports and updates
- Engage and build rapport with partnering agencies
- Complete discharge summaries
- Provide quality documentation
- Proficiency in crisis intervention
- Offer collaboration and consultation when necessary to involved agencies.
- Submit accurate and timely billing to accounting
- Maintain licensure and good standing with the BSRB
- Complete all credentialing paperwork
- Advocate for clients when necessary
- Complete all necessary paperwork within allotted time frame
- Facilitated therapy: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Professional License with BSRB
- Master’s (Required)